Lake Delton Fisheries Restoration Project launched! Plus, fishing reports from Ashland County, Lake Michigan and Vilas County this week, and a hunting forecast for ruffed grouse season on Outdoors Radio with Dan Small.
- This week Dan and Jeff talk about turkey, grouse and squirrel hunting.
- Special guests:
- Ben Hobbins, CEO and president of Lake Resources Group and IronClad Lures,
- tells us about the Muskie World Championship held in Eagle River recently and
- announces the Lake Delton Fisheries Restoration Project, launched last week to raise funds to help restore fish and fish habitat in Lake Delton, which drained into the Wisconsin River due to heavy rains in June. www.ironcladlures.com, www.restorelakedeltonfisheries.com
- Captain Dan Welsch, proprietor of Dumper Dans Sportfishing Charters of Sheboygan, reports on the hot Lake Michigan king salmon action off Sheboygan. www.dumperdan.com
- Brian Long, of Glidden, Wisconsin, calls in from an Ashland County muskie lake with a report on early fall muskie action and some tips for catching bluebird-day muskies. www.visitashland.com
- Gary Zimmer, senior regional biologist for the Ruffed Grouse Society, gives us a hunting forecast for grouse season, which opens in Wisconsins Zone A on Saturday, Sept. 13. www.ruffedgrousesociety.org